Event/ PLAY: SAINT MARMALADE @ The Crofters Rights

Everything you need to know about the new social enterprise Saint Marmalade and it's upcoming event at The Crofters Rights.

By Saint Marmalade and Bethany Marris, Online Music Editor

What is Saint Marmalade?

Saint Marmalade is a social enterprise which aims to promote local student artists and acts to the public. We fundraise for local, impactful charities to support causes which resonate with the community.

What do they do?

Saint Marmalade collaborate with local student artists to create ‘waves’ of unique t-shirt designs. These t-shirts are sold at distinctive events around Bristol where we showcase a variety of student acts. Half of profits, from shirt sales and event ticket sales, are then donated to a local charity of the artist’s choice. The remainder is used to grow the business in order to host bigger and better events, in turn raising even more money for local causes.

2
Click here to view the event.

As shown above, Saint Marmalade’s opening event is being held on 19th March at The Crofters Rights.

Zoe Andrews is the first selected artist, and she has chosen to support Foodcycle; a charity that collects waste food from retailers and uses it to feed those who are in danger of food poverty and mental isolation.

Who is it for?

Saint Marmalade aims to be a springboard for students who may not necessarily be pursuing a career in the arts, giving them a platform to showcase their work and have fun doing it.

For more information check out Saint Marmalade's Facebook page here.

Featured Image: Saint Marmalade/ Facebook

Are you hosting, or planning to host a music event in Bristol? Let us know...