Elections – reasons to nominate

Every year in March we elect the people who lead the SU and represent us. You could be one of those people.

Sponsored Content

You might see yourself as an academic, a sportsperson, a politician or a changemaker. Whatever you’re into there is a role out there that will help you to develop your interests and skills.

This term we are electing seven full-time paid roles, and a wide range of different part-time voluntary roles.

Nominations are open until 28th February, so you have plenty of time to look at the different roles and get your nomination in!

elections-general-eflyer
Image: Bristol SU - apply now!

Here are 5 reasons to stand to be a rep:

1) Improve student life at Bristol

This is the big one – as an officer you can make the change you want to see happen. No matter how big or small the changes are, you can influence the University to help improve student life at Bristol.

2) Keep the SU heading in the right direction

Bristol SU exists for its members - that’s students like you! It is important that it develops and grows to keep supporting the student body. Your insight into the student experience at Bristol will help ensure that decisions made really are in the best interests of our members.

3) Get to know the University like never before

You’ll be a vital part of university decision-making, sitting on committees at every level and working with senior staff. You’ll gain an understanding of how things can change and improve at a University, and be able to go straight to decision-makers to make that change happen.

4) Be part of a vibrant community

Between the full-time officers, SU staff, hundreds of student leaders and volunteers, you’ll get to know some pretty amazing people. And you’ll get plenty of opportunity to meet a diverse range of staff and students from across the university. Bristol SU is one of the most social, inclusive and energising places to work we’ve ever seen.

5) Stand out to future employers

You’ll gain and develop a set of great skills for your employability, and you’ll have the opportunity to focus in on the ones that matter most to you. Considering running to be a full-time officer? Think of it as the most unique grad scheme out there – where else could you step straight into the top leadership role of a £4 million organisation?!

Find out more and nominate yourself or recommend a friend at www.bristolsu.org.uk/elections

Featured Image: Bristol SU