Update: University to close at 2pm due to snow

The University will close at 2pm, due to Met Office Warnings over freezing conditions, and reopen tomorrow at 11:30am.

By Imogen Horton, News Editor

Despite issuing a statement earlier today in which the University said they would remain open, as roads around the University had been gritted and were passable, the University will close this afternoon.

On twitter the University announced: 'Further to @metoffice warnings for freezing conditions later today, the university will close at 2pm today, reopening tomorrow at 11.30am. A full update will be available shortly at http://www.bristol.ac.uk/alert/ and an email will be sent to staff and students.'

The closure will affect both the Clifton and Langford campuses and includes cancelling scheduled teaching, closing non-essential services and the closure of most buildings and laboratories.

The closure will also impact the Richmond Building and Balloon Bar. Any bookings in the building, such as those by societies, from 2pm today until 11:30am tomorrow have been cancelled.

The University has advised students to start planning their journey home or to their hall of residence as soon as they can.

Featured Image: Twitter/ University of Bristol

What have you done with your snow day? Let us know!