Preview/ Flying Lotus (3D Show) @ The Marble Factory

Flying Lotus returns to Bristol with his live 3D show at Marble Factory, Bethany Marris preivews...

By Bethany Marris, Online Music Editor

Flying Lotus brings his 3D spectacle to The Marble Factory this Friday

LA's Steven Ellison is one of the biggest names to come out of the city. Under his stage name Flying Lotus, or ‘FlyLo’, the artist boasts almost 900,000 monthly spotify listens and has collaborated with some of music’s most acclaimed names, having worked with arists such as Thom Yorke and Erykah Badu on 2012's Until the Quiet Comes. I'ts also no secret that Ellison has co-produced a plethora of mateiral with hip-hop giant Kendrick Lamar.

The artist has become identifiable through his unique, pioneering blend of Jazz, electronica and hip-hop. 2015’s You’re Dead!, received momentus praise, yet Ellison’s solo material comprises only a fragment of his artistic portfolio. Alongside bolstering the careers of other artists, including Tyler the Creator and kamasi Washington, Ellison has expanded his label 'Brainfeeder' to encompass film production. One can expect that teamed with his awe-inspiring musicality, FlyLo’s passion for filmmaking should result in a spectacular, audio-visual experience this Friday.

FLYING-LOTUS-PREVIEW-22

Essex-born producer Lapalux is the first of Ellison's support acts. Under the moniker lies Stuart Howard, a self proclaimed ‘maximalist’ with an unorthodox, lengthy approach to making music; 'jamming', improvising and manipulating. Howard has remixed tracks for the likes of Andreya Triana, Young Thug and Bonobo, and has been signed to Brainfeeder since 2010. The producer's second and third EPs, When You're Gone and Some Other Time, were released on the label in 2012. Most recently, 2017 saw the release of Ruinism, an abstract and futuristic 12 track LP.

Further support comes from London-based producer Iglooghost. Iglooghost, more formally known as Seamus Malliagh, is also signed to Brainfeeder, and has been nurturing his brand of vibrant, intricate electronica from his early teen years. In August this year, the artist released juxtaposing dual EPs Clear Tamei and Steel Mogu; both providing a wonderfully distinctive yet cohesive blend of digital soundscapes. Where Clear Tamei has delicate undertones of melancholy, Steel Mogu contains more relentless, trance-heavy beats.

There's certianly a lot to get excited about. If you're interested, check out the Facebook event here.

Doors open at 7pm.

Featured Image: Flying Lotus/ InMotion

Want to write for Epigram Music? Get in touch...

Facebook // Epigram Music // Twitter