Christmas date ideas in Bristol

Need ideas for places to go in Bristol with your signicant other? Here are some of my favourites!

By Hendrike Rahtz, Living Sub-Editor

Need ideas for places to go in Bristol with your significant other? Here are some of my favourites!

The Christmas Market at Harbourside

Why not stroll hand in hand along the harbour and explore Bristol’s finest artisan businesses the Christmas market, starting 24 November, has to offer? Live music is also offered as a way to enjoy the festivities, and there are many places serving up alcoholic Christmas favourites, including mulled wine (obviously), cider (keeping it Bristol) and alcoholic hot chocolate. The backdrop of Bristol’s historic harbour makes this particular Christmas market that little bit more romantic…

Saturday 24 November – 16 December, 11am – 5pm every weekend.
1 Canon's Rd, Bristol BS1 5TX

Millennium Square’s Winter Fair

The main attraction that stands out at this particular Bristol Christmas market is the ice rink! Ice skating is a very obvious winter date, but it only comes once a year, so why not? It can initiate some cute hand holding, and if you fall over, you’ve gotten over the hurdle of embarrassing yourself in front of your date. Catch your breath at the Apres Bar, then head over to the Big Wheel (cheesy first kiss moment??????)

17 November 2018 - 6 January 2019, every day.
Millennium Square, Bristol BS1 5DB

Christmas Films in Bristol

The renowned Everyman cinema on Whiteladies Road is showing classic Christmas film Home Alone on 5th December; and they have blankets! From Friday 7 December, Watershed is showing Anna and the Apocalypse, a ‘Scottish Christmas zombie musical’ which seems to encompass a few genres all at once, which could make for in an interesting date. Bristol Film Festival is showing The Holiday at Bristol Museum, which is a romcom where a British woman and American woman swap homes for Christmas holidays. This feel good movie is only showing on 19th December. Finally, if you are looking for a less costly date, try the all-time favourite Love Actually free outdoor screening at Millennium Square on 6 December. Don’t forget blankets/ jumpers/ coats/ hats/ scarves/ gloves.

Clifton Suspension Bridge

I know the bridge is not just for Christmas, but a brisk walk and enjoying the stunning views of Bristol is definitely romantic. Perhaps even more romantic when everything is frosty and cold, begging for warm hugs while taking in Bristol’s beauty. I suggest going to Bar Chocolat, which is a family run café in the heart of Clifton that makes seriously good hot chocolates (and other beverages). Unfortunately, seasonal drinks are not displayed online, but perhaps that’s part of the excitement.

19 The Mall, Clifton Village, Bristol BS8 4JG

image009
Epigram / Hendrike Rahtz

Cabot’s Christmas Market

Spice up your Christmas shopping with some mulled wine at the conveniently located winter market in the heart of Cabot Circus. Browse for Christmas gifts in the high street stores, or the market stalls that line the streets – meaning present shopping could be completed in one trip! This Christmas market is probably the best last- minute idea, as it is easy to get to from all parts of Bristol. Also, drink stalls close at 10pm, so no need to rush the shopping!

Broadmead, Bristol BS1 1UX

Have you seen our #epitakover this week? Head over to @epigrampaper_ and take a look!

Featured image: Epigram / Hendrike Rahtz

Do you have any Christmas date recommendations? Get in contact!

Facebook / Epigram / Twitter