Review: Bosco Pizzeria

Situated at the top of Whiteladies Road, Bosco Pizzeria is a cool and suave alternative to the ordinary pizza on a saturday night

By Nicole Abou-abdallah, Epigram Food Online Editor

Situated at the top of Whiteladies Road, Bosco Pizzeria is a cool and suave alternative to the ordinary pizza on a Saturday night.

Bosco is a calm and sophisticated restaurant, with two branches: one at the top of Whiteladies road and one in Clifton Village. I decided to give the one on Whiteladies a visit.

The staff were very smiley and friendly, offering us a table immediately on a tuesday evening. Dispite it being mid-week, the general seating area was full and buzzing with customers.

46492659_1158207231000753_5490630652984295424_n
Image: Epigram Food/Nicole Abou-abdallah

The menu mainly focuses on their Neapolitan-style pizzas, ranging from 9 to 13 pounds per pizza. Although they accommodated well for vegetarians, there seemed to be no option for any vegan or gluten-free requirements. The pizzas either came with a tomato base, or a 'white' base. I went for the 'bosco carne' on a tomato base. The combination of meatballs, mozzarella and prosciutto did not disappoint. The portion size was also satisfying. Pasta options were also available, but limited to only a few.

I was impressed by the general ambiance of the restaurant, where the pizzas were made in a kitchen on display by the seating area. This added authenticity to the pizzas and made you excited as you wait.

Overall, in my opinion, Bosco Pizzeria is a lovely place to visit if you are looking to go somewhere quite sophisticated and willing to spend slightly more than usual. However, if limited with dietary requirements, this may not be for you.

Feature Image: Epigram Food/Nicole Abou-abdallah

Have your say about this article! Email us or comment below!