Preview / In:Motion Just Jack

'They consistently deliver, combining big name draws amongst cult favourites, without ever compromising on production value,' Josh Vincent previews Just Jack In:Motion

By Josh Vincent, Third year, English

Over the last few years, Just Jack has firmly established itself as one of Bristol’s premier club nights. They consistently deliver, combining big name draws amongst cult favourites, without ever compromising on production value. On November 2nd, they bring six of the world’s finest DJ’s to Motion along with an incomparable lighting show, for a night that looks set to be one of their best yet.

Tama Sumo, Ben UFO and DJ Bone, hold court over the main room. Panorama Bar resident Tama Sumo is a highly sought after selector, always demonstrating an unparalleled understanding of groove and restraint with her selections.

Meanwhile, Hessle Audio boss Ben UFO can lay a fair claim to the highly contested title of “best DJ in the world”. A luminary figure in UK dance music for some 10 years now, he combines impeccable mixing prowess with an utterly comprehensive knowledge of the lineage of UK dance music and beyond. Capable of completely re-contextualising records through a genre-defying approach to selection, seeing UFO is always a thrilling experience.

Detroit stalwart DJ Bone rounds up the bill in the main room. There are few DJs in the world who can measure up to Bone’s technical ability - a veritable master of the three deck mix, he is able to transform stripped techno tools into rhythmic workouts through his command of the mixer, capable of working the faders at jaw dropping speed.

In the Tunnel, Salon des Amateurs resident Vladimir Ivkovic will be taking care of proceedings, alongside musical polymath Bufiman and Belgian newcomer Nosedrip. All three are known for their commitment to digging deep, and their bold, anything-goes approach to selection. Those innumerable hours spent rifling through the crates translates to a uniquely hypnotic, un-IOM friendly experience: expect brooding new wave, chugging proto-techno and krautrock to sit happily with breaks and Afrobeat.

Featured Image: Facebook/ Just Jack Halloween

Are you going to Just Jack? Let us know...