Beloved cleaner Herman Gordon to retire

It has been announced today that Biomed library cleaner, Herman, will be retiring at the end of the month.

By Imogen Horton, News Editor

Herman has worked at the University of Bristol for 12 years, but will retire at the end of October.

In a statement released by the University, Herman said: 'I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be retiring and will be leaving the University at the end of October.

'I have really enjoyed my 12 years working at the University, and I have had a great time with everyone I have met, worked with, and all the students that I have spoken to and spoken to me, all of you are like my family. I will miss you all.

'I have to say a big thank you for my supervisor Pat and the other staff members who have supported me all of the time since I have been working there, and especially the staff in the Medical Library, I have enjoyed working with you all. God Bless you.'

Earlier this year 232 students clubbed together to give Herman the opportunity to holiday in Jamaica, raising £1,577. The money raised was enough for him to visit his family for the first time in four years.

The holiday gave Herman, and his wife Denise, the opportunity to hold a belated 23rd wedding anniversary celebration. Photos from their stay at the luxurious five-star Sandals resort in Montego Bay can be found here.

Featured Image: University of Bristol / Facebook and Twitter

What do you think of Herman's retirement? Let us know