University of Bristol ranked one of the world’s best for employability

A new league table reveals Bristol students are some of the most employable in the world.

A new league table, published on September 11, has revealed that the University of Bristol stands as one of the best institutions in the world for employability.

Out of 660 universities analysed worldwide, QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2019 have ranked Bristol as 47th in the world and 6th in the UK.

The findings are based not only on the employment rates after graduation, but also on the opinions of over 40,000 employers. Nearly 200,000 work placement partnerships were also evaluated in the study.

Director of the Careers Service at Bristol, Stuart Johnson, stated: ‘It's gratifying to see our sustained efforts reflected in this ranking. We have worked hard to build and develop relationships with all kinds of employers, with the goal of creating excellent opportunities for our students – both while they're at university and once they've graduated.’

'Bristol attracts some of the best students and produces some of the most employable graduates, something that as an institution and as a careers service we are tremendously proud of.'

The university is renowned for its work on the employability of its graduates. It scored most highly for its reputation with employers in the rankings. Some of its best work in this area includes:

• The development of 139 internship partnerships
• Having 336 companies actively present on campus in the past year
• A graduate employment rate of 94 per cent after six months
• Research collaborations with 55 leading companies

These latest results follow the Graduate Market in 2018 study, which named Bristol graduates as the 4th most-targeted by Britain's top 100 employers, surpassing those with degrees from either of the Oxbridge universities.

Photo Credit: University of Bristol

What do you think of the Unviversity's employability rating? Let us know:

Twitter // Epigram // Facebook