The Bristol Suspensions release annual music video

The University of Bristol's A Cappella group The Bristol Suspensions uploaded and shared their final music video of the year on Friday evening.

The video, which has recieved just short of 5,000 views on the riffers Facebook page, features a compilation of two Pusscat Dolls hits: 'Hush Hush' and 'I Will Survive'.

The upbeat arrangement by Eleanor Leaper and Jonny Simon forms part of an annual tradition whereby The Suspensions produce an end of year showcase. Starting in collaboration with UBTV in 2015 with Uptown Funk, the group have also produced a cappella covers of Muse's Madness and Coldplay's Magic. The group took a year out last year due to their participation in the BBC's Pitch Battle, making a comeback this year with Hush Hush.

Screen-Shot-2018-07-29-at-17.15.12
Image: The Bristol Suspensions

Film editor Ben Radcliffe takes viewers from Bristol's Alma Road Avenue to the night life of Lola Lo in a crazy series of takes shot over two days. Bursting with the pride of drag, glitter, heartbreak and self-empowerment, the four-minute music video features five fiery soloists supported and enhanced by the aca-amazing ensemble.

TODAY!! 5PM. On our Facebook and YouTube channel!

A post shared by The Bristol Suspensions (@brisuspensions) on

2016 national champions The Bristol Suspensions kept their social media followers in 'suspense' for a week before releasing the video, creating teasers and a trailer for the final release.

A TEASER TO TINGLE YOUR SENSES. Hush Hush is coming on Friday 🙌🙌

Hush Hush saw The Bristol Suspensions awarded with numerous accolades at the International Championships of Collegiate A Cappella (ICCA); placing second in the UK and in the top 12 globally.

Dan Mailer, assistant producer of the video and bass singer in the group spoke to Epigram:

'This video was our most ambitious yet, and we got many on people on board to help us make it happen. It was produced and directed by members of the group but we hired a videographer to film and edit it for us, and we got in a group member's friend who lives in Bath to do the drag make up!
We also got some members of the a cappella society to appear as extras, so the filming days were really fun to share with them!'

The track will be able to listen and download on Spotify in the coming weeks. Find the groups a cappella spotify account here.

Make sure to watch out for the suspensions at Edinburgh Fringe where they will be showcasing their biggest fringe show to date: Love aca-tually.

Featured Image: The Bristol Suspensions

What do you think of The Bristol Suspensions new video? Visit their page for more here

Twitter // Epigram // Facebook