Epigram is recruiting for the 2018-19 Senior Team

Join the team behind Bristol’s award-winning student publication. The perfect sounding board for careers in journalism and media, and an awesome way to get involved in student life.

Previous members of the Senior Team have gone on to secure roles at The Times, The Independent and ITV, having gained invaluable hands-on experience through Epigram. Fancy joining them?

Role descriptions:

Editor in Chief: Responsible for the overall management and running of Epigram, as well as liaising with the University Press Office and Bristol SU, among other relations. Also responsible for management of the News team including the coverage of major and breaking stories. Oversees the Editorial Team’s creation of the fortnightly newspaper, and works with Sub-Editors and Deputy Editors to edit and produce the final version to send to print. Works with both the Business Team and Online Team to ensure the smooth running of all of Epigram’s operations. Requires strong organisation skills, time management, communication and leadership, and knowledge of how Epigram works.
Deputy Editors: Responsible for supporting the Editor in the production of the newspaper and the general organisation.
Online Editor: Responsible for maintaining Epigram’s online presence and reputation for digital excellence, including the operation of the new website, the management of all social media channels, and the maintenance of all other digital aspects of Epigram (including email systems). Requires innovative thinking, strong organisation skills and time management, communication, and knowledge of how Epigram works online.
Deputy Online Editors: Responsible for supporting the Online Editor in the management and organisation of all digital channels and online aspects of the publication.

To apply for any of these roles, please send:

• A covering letter
  • Your CV
  • An ideas sheet outlining your vision for the paper
  • Three examples of your writing, preferably for student media

to editor@epigram.org.uk by Wednesday 11th April.

The Senior Team will be chosen and appointed by the 18th of April ahead of the AGM the same day, so interviews will take place before that date.

Applications for Epigram's Editorial Team will open in May.

If you have any questions about applying please get in touch...