From dusky aubergine matte lips, to burnt orange eye shadows, Cait Rhodes takes us through her top makeup picks for this Autumn. With products that are easily accessible from Boots on the Triangle or from online makeup retailers, there is no better way to kick start the colder months than with a few touch ups to your makeup bag.

Eyes:

NYX Palette for peachy and plum shades

NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP- Ultimate multi-finish eyeshadow palette– £18.00

Need a new palette that can see you through the winter months? The NYX ultimate multi-finish eye shadow palette has it all. Equipped with your go-to everyday shades, this is a perfect staple for if you’ve hit pan on your Naked palette and Taka Taka is more important than a replacement. As we move from the peachy eyeshadows from summer to Autumnal maroons, this palette has the perfect shades to ease you in. Pair brighter shades with a fluffy brush and a light hand to achieve more wearable looks. It also has enough pops of colour that it will never leave you sitting in front of your mirror searching Pinterest for some inspo. The formulas are buildable and not intimidating for beginners. I’d always recommend applying metallic shades with your finger for a more intense look. If there is only one palette you buy this season; I’d make it this one.

Face:

Milani Conceal and Perfect – 2 in 1 foundation and concealer, what more could a girl want?!

Milani- Conceal And Perfect 2 In 1 Foundation And Concealer
£13.00

For all my pale girls (and boys) who’s summer tans are fading fast and bronze-y summer foundation is now leaving a line around your jaw, this foundation is for you. The nifty 2 in 1 product is available on beautybay.com for £13. So yes, slightly more expensive than some other highly-rated drugstore foundations, but let me tell you, this is worth it. Perfect for mixing in with your current foundation, it allows you to get every last drop out of your summer foundation while your skin is transitioning from its summer to winter shade. Its full coverage will help mask your angry skin after freshers, and the dewy-finish doesn’t cling to the dry patches that we all get as the weather gets cold. For the more oily skinned, I think translucent powder goes beautifully over this foundation – cake face won’t be an issue. My top tip is apply this with a beauty blender to avoid losing product in brushes. P.S. their shade range is pretty inclusive, so no matter your skin tone, this foundation has the perfect formula to help you through the transition into the winter months.

Brows:

Brow this way this Autumn with Rimmel London

Rimmel- Brow This Way Styling Gel
£3.99

Feathery brows are here to stay and we need to get on board in a way that wont break the bank. The Rimmel Brow This Way brow gel is known for its great hold and clever wand to help you get the perfect feathery brows without looking heavy or stiff. If filling in your brows every morning is one step in your makeup rountine too far, consider using this to shape and define your brows fast. For a super natural, wispy look I would recommend buying this in clear and sweeping your brows upwards in the inner corners, smoothing them along the top, and brushing downwards at the tail to give it definition and keep them in place. (why do they always point sideways as soon as you leave the house??) At £4, you cannot go wrong.

For those wanting a fuller, more defined look, opt for this NYX brow pencil

NYX- Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
£8

If, however, like me, the thought of leaving your house without your brows done is akin to leaving barefoot, this is a perfect drugstore buy. This product is a SERIOUS dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz. The tip is so fine you can get your brows EXACTLY how you like them, and who isn’t overjoyed whenever any brow product comes with a free spoolie on the other end? The 8-shade colour range has everyone covered -dark haired ladies you might want to go up a shade, or two lighter with your brow products to achieve a more natural look- no matter what brows you’re currently sporting. I use this by drawing in the shape heavily with the pencil to make sure they are both even, fill in any bald spots and then use the spoolie to brush the product into my brows, getting rid of any lines to give a natural, but shaped, look. Foolproof!

Lips:

Berry matte lip = Autumn

Maybelline- Superstay Matte Ink Liquid
£9.99

Recommending a liquid lipstick to wear in the winter is no mean feat. Super dry lips, endless cups of tea and inclement weather conditions mean most of our go-to lip products we’ve been wearing all summer are now clinging to bits of dry skin or left around the rim of a mug. This liquid lip has some serious staying power – I am talking first morning coffee to one last brew before bed type perseverance – as well as a comfortable, moisturising feel that won’t leave millions of wrinkles on your lips. At £9.99 this is slightly more expensive than your average drugstore lipstick, but really for a liquid lip this isn’t ripping you off at all. One thing to beware of is that the shades don’t always match the colours of the bottles, so get swatching to find your perfect match! I would always recommend wearing a lip balm underneath just to give your dry lips a fighting chance, allow it to absorb and then you are good to go. The applicator takes a bit of getting used to but is perfect for defining your cupids bow- pair with a darker lipliner to avoid concealer lips with some of the lighter shades!

Got any autumnal makeup recommendations? Send them to us via any of our social media platforms:

Keep up to date with Epigram Style on
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram