From the high fashion catwalk to Bristol’s very own campus, Style Editor Nancy Serle, takes the biggest trends from this season’s London Fashion Week and translates them into looks perfect for student life and a student budget.

THE PUFFBALL

Whist often thought of as an 80’s fashion faux par (the skirt tucked in knickers look has never been great), the puffball look got a revamp this London Fashion Week with the likes of Mary Katrantzou and Halpern sending some stunning pieces strutting down the catwalk.

@graziauk #marykatrantzou #ss18

A post shared by Mary Katrantzou (@marykatrantzou) on

High street options and inspiration for a puffball look

1. Pull and Bear Puff sleeve Sweatshirt
  2. Zara Sweatshirt with Contrast Sleeves
  3. Urban Outfitters Smocked Crop top

RUFFLES

Looking at the shows and presentations this London Fashion Week, its evident that ruffles have been revived for another season. Whether you like Christopher Kane’s subtle ruffles that add texture to his collection or Ralph and Russo and Simone Rocha’s cascading waves, ruffles are definitely still the ones to watch.

Affordable ruffles from Topshop and Pull&Bear

1. Topshop Ruffle Dress
  2. Pull&Bear Ruffled Crop Top
  3. Topshop HEWITT Ruffle Sliders

DRAWSTRING 

Athleisure and high fashion were in perfect harmony this year with many designers making use of the practical drawstring to create shape and cinch in the waist. From Mary Katranzou’s puffball raincoats to Pringle of Scotland’s dreamy desert pallet- the drawstring is now a must have feature on any item!

Get the drawstring look with H&M, Missguided and Topshop

1. H&M Drawstring Top
  2. Missguided Nude Drawstring Hem Blouson Crop Top
  3. Topshop Drawstring Cut-Out Dress

SHEER

The sheer look is clearly one of the biggest trends to emerge this season with many designers, from Topshop to Burberry, daring to bare all. Whilst going sans bra is definitely NSFU (not suitable for uni) there are some fantastic pieces on the high street that subtly show off a little skin.

The #Burberry September 2017 Collection . #BurberryShow #LFW

A post shared by Burberry (@burberry) on

Shop Sheer with Zara and Topshop this Autumn

1. Topshop Turtle Neck Mesh Body
  2. Zara Embroidered Tulle Blouse
  3. Zara Water Repellent Parka

Also on trend at London Fashion Week were hues of lavender purple, abstract tailoring and DIY panelling on numerous designer garments. Alongside the sheer and drawstring, these are the latest looks on how to shape your wardrobe. Thank you LFW for giving us top style inspo.

Did you spot anymore trends? Let us know:

Keep up to date with Epigram Style on
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram