Yesterday, Epigram’s Style team headed over to The Mall, Cribbs Causeway, to check out what Bristol Fashion Weeks Autumn/Winter collections had to offer. Seated in the evocative setting of a faux aircraft hanger, we were met with a refreshing array of models of all ages, shapes and sizes. Unlike the often inaccessible London Fashion Week garments (check out our previous post here for dupe pieces), Bristol Fashion Week only displays affordable high street pieces, which don’t break the bank.

Bristol Fashion Week Autumn/Winter trends✨

A post shared by Epigram Style (@epigramstyle) on

Red – Trend 1

As we all know, red is a timeless colour that endlessly crops up in all of our wardrobes. This is something that Marks and Spencer have picked up on this year, showcasing a great collection of all things crimson. Whilst often thought of as a shop for the older generations, M&S have really stepped up their game recently with Urban Outfitter dupes on every model.

Print – Trend 2

Whilst high street store White Stuff – which made up the majority of the ‘print’ section of the show – is not exactly aimed at a student demographic, Bristol Fashion Week definitely got it right by predicting that prints are going to be huge this season. Check out Zara for some more Student friendly items.

Future – Trend 3

Following on from London Fashion Week, where sheer items and daring to bare were all the range, Bristol followed suit by giving us a great selection of quirky transparent raincoats and silver oversized puffas.

Let there be leather – Trend 4

Biker jackets and skin-tight skirts strutted their way down the Cribbs catwalk paired with shots of colour, patterned headscarfs and jewellery from Thomas Sabo.

Tailoring – Trend 5 

Even if you don’t have an occasion to dress head to toe smart, there were some stand out pieces from the on trend tailoring show, yet again from Marks and Spencer!

70’s Remix – Trend 6

The 70’s have been revived once again, but this time bigger and brighter with a fantastic selection of items from John Lewis’s many concessions and funky frames from Sunglasses Hut.

New Heritage – Trend 7

Classically, herringbone, dogtooth and plaid were key aspects of the new heritage collection, which included knee high boots, preppy A-Line skirts and burnt orange dusters for the boys.

Urban – Trend 8

The newly revamped Phase Eight’s take on urban street wear boasted a dark colour palette and moody faced models. The sole trader slip on trainers with Karl Lagerfeld’s face printed on were a highlight.

Winter Neutrals – Trend 9 

From pleated grey duster coats to faux fur cuffs, the winter neutrals section was elegant and classy. Oversized sweaters were also a staple feature that came in several colour ways, along with tapered trousers.

Showstoppers – Trend 10 

Dancing models, flowing oriental skirts, pleats, and furry accessories served as a showstopping finale to the Cribbs Causeway autumn winter show.

Bristol Fashion Week is still running both tonight and tomorrow, so grab your tickets here if you want to check it out for yourself.

via GIPHY

Let the Style team know what you think of this years Bristol Fashion Week:

Keep up to date with Epigram Style on
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram