After a disappointing start to the season, Bristol’s American Football Team has won three games on the trot and remains in playoff contention. With two league matches remaining this season, Bristol Barracuda will be looking to keep their winning streak going and push for post-season success, as Rory Macnair reports.

The Barracuda have put in three dominant performances since an opening day 13-30 loss to the Plymouth Blitz, starting with an impressive 36-3 victory over the Aberystwyth Tarannau. Cuda asserted their dominance with touchdown catches from Luke Carter and Pedrum Safavi, showing no hesitancy in their first away game of the season.

Tyrone Salami and Yemi Falana celebrate Cuda’s comfortable victory over Tarannau

The Bath Spa Bulldogs then travelled to Coombe Dingle but once again Bristol came out on top, finding success both in their running and passing game.  The Barracuda defence was faultless and earned a well-fought 33-0 victory.

Finally they travelled to face the Oxford Brookes Panthers in early December and the Cuda offense yet again came out firing. Luke Carter produced another remarkable performance, scoring four of the Barracuda’s touchdowns while Yemi Falana proved effective on in both attack and defence, scoring a touchdown and recovering a fumble. Cuda ran out 33-8 victors and went into the Christmas break with their third successive win.

Coming back from the holiday break, Bristol Barracuda have two crucial fixtures remaining in their league calendar. They will be looking to continue their march to the playoff places as they travel to take on the Bournemouth Bobcats on 19th February before arguably the season’s most important game against the Gloucestershire Gladiators. Bristol’s offense has demonstrated its power so if the defence can remain resolute and consistent throughout this critical part of the year, playoff success will be on the cards.

Members of the Bristol Jets are always present at both home and away games to cheer on the Cuda

Stepping aside from league action, the much-anticipated Varsity match between the Bristol Barracuda and UWE Bullets is fast approaching and this year, Bristol will host what should be a fascinating match at Fortress Dingle. How far the Barracuda can go in the BUCS competition remains in their hands, as they need to win all of their remaining games in order to stay in the running. Despite losing a hotly contested season-opener, the Bristol Barracuda have not faltered since and will be looking to maintain momentum as they head into this pivotal period of the season.

While their BUCS season rages on, across the pond the NFL post-season is coming to a close with one of world sport’s most watched events, the Super Bowl. Super Bowl 51 takes place on Sunday 5th February and the Bristol Barracuda will be hosting a lively event at Greenhouse to watch and celebrate what will be a thrilling end to the 2017 NFL season.

Whether you’re looking for a great venue to watch the game or simply wanting to get to know the sport, head down to Greenhouse at 8pm on Sunday and stay up to date with the team @BristolCuda.

Follow Epigram Sport’s live blog of Super Bowl 51 on Sunday evening and get updates on everything Bristol sport through our social media using #wearebristol

Facebook // Epigram Sport // Twitter