This month The Times Higher Education Rankings place Bristol in the UK top 10.

The Times Higher Education University Rankings have been released for 2018, placing the University of Bristol in 9th place in the UK.

Falling just behind Manchester, Edinburgh, London Universities and Oxbridge, but ahead of Warwick and Exeter, Bristol takes pride of place in the top ten. The scores are based on a “balanced range of 13 separate performances metrics, covering the full range of a university’s core activities: teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook.”

The university has also maintained a top 100 position in the world rankings. Placed 76th in the world, a fall of just 5 places since last year. Bristol achieved an overall score of 64.8; scoring 94.7 in the citations category and 84.8 in international outlook, placing them ahead of many top UK and international universities including Durham and Pennsylvania State University.

The results are also a great success for British higher education with Oxford and Cambridge taking the top two spots respectively, beating competitors from Ivy League and Asian Tiger universities.

What do you think about Bristol’s placement in The Times University Rankings? Let us know!

Facebook // Epigram // Twitter