The University of Bristol has been shortlisted for the Higher Education Academy’s (HEA) first Global Teaching Excellence Awards (GTEA). The award is in partnership with Times Higher Education and is open to all providers of higher education and included entries from around the world.

Pro Vice-Chancellor for Education and Students, Professor Judith Squires, described being shortlisted as “an honour” and said “at the University of Bristol we take great pride in our teaching and offer a research-rich, innovative and inclusive education.”

The university is now a GTEA finalist

“We challenge and develop our students, offering a wealth of teaching approaches and learning opportunities that help them achieve outstanding outcomes and the skills and attributes that employers most highly value.

Svava Bjarnason, former member of the World Bank Education Sector Board and chair or the GTEA judging panel, said:

“Our panel was looking for robust evidence of excellence in three areas: leadership, teaching and in student support” and states “we found a great deal of outstanding practice in these submissions.

HEA Chief Executive Officer, Professor Stephanie Marshall, explained:

“The HEA’s mission is about improving learning outcomes by raising the status and quality of teaching in higher education, and these awards help do that by highlighting outstanding practice wherever it is happening in the world.”

What do you think about the award? Let us know:

Facebook // Epigram // Twitter