A new report has ranked Bristol as the third best city in the UK to live in as a millennial, and the 25th best in the world. 

The rankings table, released by apartment letting company Nestpick, put London and Manchester ahead of Bristol in the UK rankings, with Amsterdam topping the overall list, followed by Berlin and Munich.

The Dutch capital Amsterdam topped the list of 100 cities

The rankings take into account 16 different categories which Nestpick deem most important to millenials, ranging from recreational to business-focused fields, scoring each city out of ten in each category.

‘In order for a city to rank highly, we determined that it must have a thriving business eco structure, allow affordable access to the essentials that young people need to survive, have a sense of openness and tolerance that is increasingly prevalent in the 21st century, and lastly, offer a chance for millennials to kick back and relax,’ the report said.

Bristol’s highest scores came in access to contraception (9.5) and the ‘Apple Store’ category (9.4), which uses the number of shops owned by the US tech giant per capita as an indicator of ‘how technologically engaged a population is.’

Bristol has two Apple stores, located at Cabot Circus and Cribs Causeway

Bristol’s lowest scores came in the tourism (0.2) and transport (0.3) categories, the latter of which considers the city’s metro and tram systems (of which Bristol has neither), as well as accessibility to Uber.

Bristol also scored relatively poorly in terms of the cost of beer (4), but it’s nightlife (7) and LGBT friendliness (8.4) were other high points.

Think transport needs to improve? Delighted by multiple Apple Stores? What’s your millennial experience of Bristol? 

Facebook // Epigram // Twitter