This Thursday 16th February from 8.30pm, five bands go head-to-head in the name of charity to see who can come out on top. Bristol LiveSoc, who managed the application process, have set the standards sky high for this year’s Bristol RAG Battle of the Bands.

The first place winners, decided by an expert panel of judges, will receive a free recording session at Factory Studios – Bristol’s finest and largest recording studios. Although LiveSoc members have access to exclusive deals on rehearsal rooms and equipment, the opportunity to spend a free day with the people who’ve previously worked with artists like Massive Attack and Eats Everything is a wholly prestigious prize.

The second place winners – decided by the audience – will be playing at the SU Awards ceremony in summer, celebrating the students and staff that make positive contributions to life at the University.

£3 early bird tickets are available via the SU website, as well as tickets for the after-party at Thekla (see the Facebook event for more details).

All money raised from the tickets will go to Bristol RAG where the funds will be divided between Julian House, Crisis Centre Ministries and Student Minds charities. Julian House and Crisis Centre Ministries both work in Bristol to combat homelessness, whereas Student Minds is a national charity that supports British students with mental health issues.

Head down to Mr Wolf’s on Thursday night to hear the likes of Better Strangers, Paper Tiger, Midas Touch, 747 and Chameleon clash for your cash in an unmissable evening in the name of a good cause!

See the Battle of the Bands Facebook event to get more information and listen to some of the bands that’ll be performing on Thursday. Don’t miss out!

Facebook // Epigram Music // Twitter