From the clothes Bristol students are notoriously known to wear, to the key fashion events of the year, Nancy Serle, Style Editor, guides us through her Bristol style dictionary. 

Bristol students love a bit of sports style, with ADIDAS definitely being a favourite, whether it is a pair of superstars, a vintage jumper or gym-wear.

Independent vintage store BS8 has an amazing selection of designer and pre-loved items sourced from all around the world at super reasonable prices.

As far as shopping centres go, CABOT CIRCUS is pretty great, from Topshop to TGI’s, it has every high street store needed for an impulsive shopping trip.

If you don’t already own a pair, DUNGAREES are a great addition to any UoB student’s wardrobe. They are relaxed, yet a stylish aesthetic.

Of course, E stands for EPIGRAM– the perfect publication to pick up style advice and catch up on the latest fashion news! Check Epigram online for more style tips!

FUZE is the biggest student fashion, dance and music show n the UK. There are a multitude of ways you can get involved, from Creative Director to Stylist or Model. All proceeds from FUZE go to charity. 

As the longest line of independent shops in the UK, GLOUCESTER ROAD is fantastic for finding unique home decor to personalise any basic halls room or Ikea furnished student house.

Whether you’re into silver or gold, big or small, round or hexagonal, the HOOP earring is Bristol’s most ubiquitous accessory.

Bristol is such a diverse and exciting city, so don’t be afraid to express your own INDIVIDUAL style!  

JOIN the Epigram team on Friday 22nd at the Freshers’ Fair to find out how to get involved. Look out for the style team who will be scouting out UoB’s most fashionable for next weeks issue!

KEEP ORGANISED in style with Bristol’s super cute stationary shops, U Studio on Queens Road and Papersmiths in Clifton Village are fantastic places to get uni supplies!!

I want to live in this magical unicorn space house 🦄 @andotherstories #coloursofbristol

A post shared by Ellie (@kitsch_club_bristol) on

LAKOTA and MOTION go hand in hand as Bristol’s most fashion forward venues, whether its a face full of glitter or a psychedelic jumpsuit at a Cirque du Soul night, there’s always something funky to be spotted in the crowd!

Whether you’re in to Air Force 1’s, Air Max 95’s or 97’s- NIKE’S are the staple trainer for any Bristol student.

Bristol students definitely sport an OVERSIZED look, think baggy jumpers and sheepskin jackets- perfect for being comfortable, yet stylish, in lectures.

Do you even go to Bristol if you don’t own a PUFFA jacket? Enough said.

Just a short walk from the uni campus QUEENS ROAD is always crawling with stylish students- Vinegar Hill and Rise are great places to pick up quirky items for your uni room.

RED STRIPE is as much of a fashion accessory as it is a drink. Found in the hands of Bristol’s most trendy.

Bristol’s creative quarter STOKES CROFT, has an abundance of quirky cafes and street art. It also home to the amazing Stokes Croft vintage market.

THE FASHION FEDERATION is UoB’s answer to those who want to express their stylish side. From up-cycling to learning about the industry, TFF is a great way to meet like-minded creatives.

Bristol’s 1990’s UNDERGROUND scene, has hugely impacted the city’s aesthetic- from techno to Banksy, Bristol’s effortlessly cool vibe is definitely reflected in its students sartorial choices!

Bristol’s VINTAGE scene is fantastic. Browse the city’s multitude of vintage shops such as Urban fox to find a bargain.

Whilst often joked about, Bristol is notorious for its WAVY GARMS aesthetic; from oversized geometric silk shirts to retro trainers.

X is for EXTRA! In Bristol, sometimes more is more, so don’t be afraid to experiment with your style.

In 2000, the youngest of us were only one, yet Y2K fashion continues to fascinate. From Britney-style crop tops to cargo pants, the spirit of the noughties is definitely still alive in Bristol.

ZEBRA print, leopard print, geometric, florals, stripes…  UoB students are always bold with their style choices making Bristol one of the most stylish in the UK.

via GIPHY

What’s in your Fashion A-Z? Let us know:

Keep up to date with Epigram Style on
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram