Bernie Sanders is due to speak in Bristol’s Festival of Ideas on Saturday 3rd June.

The US Senator will be speaking at Bristol’s St George’s venue, located just off Park Street.

Tickets are already sold out for the ‘Our Revolution’ talk, named after his New York Times best-selling book which seeks to ‘revitalise American democracy, empower progressive leaders and elevate the political consciousness’ following the election of Donald Trump.

Senator Sanders campaigned to be the Democratic candidate for the 2016 US Presidential election, earning around 13 million votes. Hillary Clinton received the Democratic nomination for the final presidential race.

St George’s describes the event as an opportunity to see Sander’s ‘unique insight’ into American politics, campaigning and political revolution.

‘Sanders provides a unique insight into the campaign that galvanised a movement, sharing experiences and the ideas and strategies that shaped it.

‘Drawing on decades of experience as an activist and public servant, Sanders outlines his ideas for continuing this revolution, arguing for a progressive economic, environmental, racial and social justice agenda that creates jobs, raises wages and protects the planet.’

Attendees will have the opportunity to purchase signed copies of ‘Our Revolution’ at the event, however Senator Sanders will not be available for signings after the talk.

Bristol Festival of Ideas runs more than 150 events throughout the year and seeks to promote debate and discussion about key issues of our time.

Did you manage to get a ticket to see Bernie Sanders speak? Let us know in the comments or via our social media pages!