Fancy being in charge of an award winning newspaper that you’re more proud of than your degree? Fancy dealing with countless complaint emails because of it? Fancy being the butt of the Tab‘s jokes? Fancy being editor of Epigram?

No, our current editor Ben hasn’t completely screwed up and been forced to resign just yet, but we will need someone to take the reins of Epigram when the current senior team have graduated.

You don’t need any qualifications. You do, however, need a demonstrably strong understanding of student media and, most importantly, you need to be able fully commit yourself to these intensive and rewarding roles.

Read on to find out the roles available and how to apply…

If you’re interested in a section editor or sub-editor role then keep an eye out, as applications for these will open following the appointment of the new senior team.

Senior team

Editor-in-Chief –  

You will be ultimately responsible for the continued success of our award-winning publication. Leading an editorial team of over 60 and maintaining Epigram’s relationships with Union and University stakeholders, you will have extensive commitment to student media and a real vision for Epigram’s future. Above all, you will have the tenacity and commitment to succeed in this challenging but incredibly rewarding role.

Deputy Editor –

Yours will be a critical role in the production of every print issue, working with the editor to coordinate all 16 sections of the paper. Great creativity, teamwork, organisation and communication skills are a must.

Online Editor –

Leading a team of online section editors, you will be responsible for continuing the development of Epigram’s award-winning digital presence – our website, social media growth and Epigram app. You will have a great understanding of digital communications as well as the ideas and experience to lead the creation, circulation and analysis of high-performing online content.

Deputy Online Editor –

Among other things your role will be assisting the online editor with everything from managing the online section editors to keeping an eye on the online stats and keeping Epigram‘s website and social media channels running smoothly.

How do I apply?

Applying is simple, all you need to do is send the following four things to our current editor, Ben, at [email protected] by Thursday 20th April 2017.

– Your CV
– A covering letter explaining why you want to take over the role you’re applying for
– An ideas sheet outlining your vision for Epigram next year (max one page)
– Three examples of your writing, preferably for student media

If you have any other questions about the roles and what it involves, then feel free to email Ben your queries, no matter how big or small. You should receive a confirmation email within three days of sending your application. If you don’t, then please resend your email (sometimes the inbox can get overloaded and we miss an email or two) or message the Epigram Facebook page.

Section editors and sub-editors

Keep an eye on this page, applications for the rest of the 2017/18 team will open during final term before exams!

And don’t forget to join the action on Epigram’s Facebook and twitter accounts. You know you want to.