As LFW drew to a close last week, I have a look at the defining trends of the London collections that you will certainly want to add to your wardrobe.

From the return of tweed to nautical stripes, the catwalks were awash with a variety of designs and outfits which are sure to translate on the high street very soon.

Sea Scapes

Taking inspiration from the coastal landscapes of the Shetland Islands, Alexander McQueen’s Sarah Burton filled the runway with Fair Isle knits and lavish gowns embroidered with marine life and fishing nets. The Topshop Unique collection also featured sailor stripes and strong primary colours on skirts, dresses, and trousers.

Topshop Unique

Alexander McQueen

Urban Outfitters, £65

Topshop, £24

Florals

Once again, international designers are turning to floral designs for inspiration. Mulberry looked to their 1970 wallpaper patterns- frilly dresses and coats were covered in a printed garden’s worth of heritage prints. Emilia Wickstead’s models wore gauzy dresses covered in printed floral designs.

Emilia Wickstead

Boohoo, £18

Colour Blocking

It’s not unusual to see unorthodox colour combinations on the catwalks, and certainly LFW didn’t fail to disappoint. Oxblood was clashed with bright blue and green, chestnut with violet purple and yellow. Take the plunge by matching different colours together.

Mulberry

New Look, £27.99

Missguided, £22

Keep up to date with Epigram Style on
Facebook // Twitter // Instagram