Chloe Narey tells us why you should head to Austria for nu-forms of entertainment

Spring is upon us and with summer around the corner, that can only mean one thing; festival season. Without a doubt, this is my, and many others’, favourite time of year.

When planning 2016 summer festivities, a couple of friends and I decided to explore a little gem called Nu-Forms Festival. In its debut year and situated in a forested valley in Wiesen, Austria, this was a haven of sunshine and drum and bass.

an abundant mix of liquid, neurofunk, and dubstep throughout the 3 days – at €99 a ticket, it was a steal.

If you’re into your DnB, Nu-Forms will not disappoint. The line-up boasted huge names such as Andy C, Dimension, Noisia, and Sub Focus. Splashed across 3 stages, there was an abundant mix of liquid, neurofunk, and dubstep throughout the 3 days – at €99 a ticket, it was a steal.

Regarding the entry process, it was surprisingly casual. Met with no queue, two guys greeted us, asked if we had any glass, and away we went. This extremely laidback reception essentially encompasses the entire feel of Nu-Forms.

eople had connected various tents and tarps together to create interlinked cocoon communities

The camping protocol was also very relaxed and gave the option to camp in small fields, or in the surrounding forest. We passed numerous makeshift campsites where people had connected various tents and tarps together to create interlinked cocoon communities that blasted out jump up DnB throughout the hazy afternoons.

Every single person we met was keen to chat and swap stories about their background and love of the music.

Throughout the weekend people would approach us, realise we were English, and immediately admire the fact we made the journey to Austria to attend the festival. Every single person we met was keen to chat and swap stories about their background and love of the music. The communal feel of Nu-Forms is unique and one to commend.

During daylight hours, we would relax by the SunandBass stage, basking in the scorching 30°  sun. Come late-afternoon, we’d enter the main arena to chill to the liquid tones of London Elektricity and Keeno.

The night-time atmosphere was electric, with music going on until about 6am. Following the evening’s festivities, we’d head to the outskirts of the festival perimeter, surrounded by forests and farmland, to watch the sunrise. It is rare to find a festival situated in such a picturesque environment like Wiesen.

toilets were situated in well-maintained cabins – not your usual long-drop/compost affair.

Regarding facilities, toilets were situated in well-maintained cabins – not your usual long-drop/compost affair. Food-wise, choice wasn’t abundant, but what was available was delicious. I predominantly lived off chicken satay noodles these which I still dream about today.

Nu-Forms also hosted a drug-testing facility. As such an addition becomes more commonplace in UK festivals, it was good to see such openness regarding drug-culture.

It was painful to leave a beautiful place filled with fantastic music and a strong sense of community.

On the final night, we had to leave around 6am to catch our flight. In hindsight. we would have booked it for a later, as it was painful to leave a this beautiful place filled with fantastic music and a strong sense of community.

Nu-Forms returns to Wiesen this year, from 29th June – 1st July. So, if you like DnB, and fancy spending a few days surrounded by lush Austrian woodland with a community who embrace the genre like no other; this is the festival for you.

What are your festival feels? Let us know in the comments below, or @e2Travel 

Share this…Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedIn