The Stranger Things Season Two trailer has arrived! Jasmine Silk takes a look at what’s to come for the highly anticipated series.

With 7 months still to go until the hotly anticipated second season of Stranger Things comes out this Halloween, the desperation to know more is ever-increasingly painful. Needless to say there will be *spoilers* ahead.

So far, we know very little about this season. What we have been told is that this season will take place a year later in 1984  as the ageing of actors in the time since last season is too tricky to hide.

The first season left us with arguably more questions than it answered

Some of the actors voices have already dropped, so the Duffer brothers are taking the opportunity to make reference to some of the great films of that year – already we see the boys dressed up as Ghostbusters in the trailer. We have also been promised by Sarah Hindsgaul, the hair stylist for the show, a wealth of perms and mullets to really remind us of where we are this season.

Another thing the writers and actors have said is that this season will take us out of Hawkins this year; Matt Duffer has said that the very first scene will not be set in Hawkins. The actor who plays Jonathon, Charlie Keaton, has also added that ‘The scope feels bigger this year’,  promising that ‘it’s gonna be a ride.’

The first season left us with arguably more questions than it answered and there is still so much we don’t know about the upside-down, the Demogorgon, and what exactly it all means for the beloved characters-specifically what’s up with Will’s new habit of coughing up slugs, and if we can have any hope of Eleven’s return!

Fortunately for everyone’s sanity, we finally have some solid hints of the answers to these questions. Firstly, and most excitingly, Eleven appears almost immediately and I am pleased to report that she is exceptionally alive, all things considered.

Less comforting are the shots of Will shown on security monitors looking like he is being examined, or tested, and it’s hard not to be reminded of Eleven’s flashbacks in Season One. However, Joyce is also there with him so we can perhaps hope that it is nothing as sinister as that.

Still, this doesn’t bode well for Will’s physical state after his experiences last season. We aren’t given any clear answers as to who exactly is observing Will via this security footage.

One thing we have been promised by producer Dan Cohen is that this season will feel ‘bigger, badder and darker’

One suggestion is that there are people watching to see if he, like Eleven, could have developed mysterious powers. Even more ominously, Noah Schnapps, who plays Will, has said of his character’s changes that ‘I may or may not have turned into a monster’.

This feeds into one theory that perhaps the upside-down will be coming into their normal world this season – the writers have certainly said that they want to explore more of it, as last season we saw relatively little.

Perhaps that is what we are seeing in the trailer when we look out a door to see the creepy drawing of a huge arachnid like monster filling a red and stormy sky.

One thing we have been promised by producer Dan Cohen is that this season will feel ‘bigger, badder and darker’, and so far that certainly appears to be true.

Are you excited? Let us and @jasminemariaxx know on @EpigramFilm.

Facebook // Epigram Film & TV // Twitter